It's now quicker and easier than ever to open an account with us.
New to HSBC? You can now use the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app to open your account if you‘re an HKID holder (permanent or non-permanent resident) aged 18-64 residing in Hong Kong and don't hold any HSBC banking or investment accounts or credit cards.
Already banking with us? You can also use the app to open an account with zero fuss, as long as you hold a standalone HSBC current, savings, Time Deposit or investment account (not under an integrated account).
It seriously doesn't get any easier than that! Simply download the HSBC HK App Mobile Banking app and open an HSBC account in minutes. You're now able to enjoy a seamless integrated banking account opening experience, and get a with credit card / investment account in one go.
What's more, you can open an account seamlessly even as an international customer! You'll need to hold an eligible HKID card or overseas passport, be aged 18–64, and reside in Australia, Canada, Macau, Singapore, the UK or US. Next, simply download the app to submit your application in just 10 minutes.
Do it from anywhere, anytime – no need to visit a branch
Your new account will be ready to go in under 5 minutes
Receive funds and start banking instantly
How to open your account in just a few simple steps
New to HSBC? Open your account in under 5 minutes
Already bank with us? Open your account in 3 steps
What kind of account do you want to open?
|Total Relationship Balance3 requirement
|Below Balance fee4
||None||HD380 per month
|Find out more||Learn more
Total Relationship Balance3 requirement
Below Balance fee4
HD380 per month
||Find out more|
Know which one you want? Then go ahead: get the app and open your account now.
1To open an account via mobile banking, you must:
- be an HKID (permanent or non-permanent resident) or overseas passport holder, aged 18–64, and reside in Hong Kong SAR, Australia, Canada, Macau, Singapore, the UK or US
- not already hold any HSBC banking or investment accounts, or credit cards
2Actual time may differ depending on individual circumstances.
3Relationship Balance refers to your average total relationship balance over the last three months.
4A below balance fee will be charged if you do not maintain the minimum Total Relationship Balance of the respective account type over the last three months.
Got a question? Take a look at our FAQs below.
1. I used to have accounts or cards with HSBC but I have closed them all. Can I use this service?
2. Will I receive an ATM card after using the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app to open an account?
3. What does Total Relationship Balance (TRB) include?
4. If I'm an existing HSBC customer, how do I qualify to open an integrated account using the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app?
5. What type of account can I apply for?
6. How do I know if my integrated account has been successfully opened?
Still have questions?
Have you considered
All-in-one integrated account for deposits, credit cards, investment, insurance etc. You’ll have access to a comprehensive range of services, including foreign currency deposits and Renminbi services. A single, easy-to-read monthly statement helps you grasp your complete financial situation at a glance.
HSBC Premier offers a range of international services and products to help you build a world for you and your family.
HSBC mobile apps
HSBC Reward +
Use your RewardCash and explore the latest offers on the go
PayMe from HSBC
Send money instantly to anyone in Hong Kong for free
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries/regions.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.
- The screen displays are for reference and illustration purposes only.