Bank anytime, anywhere
Simple grid view, essential functions, better chat and call support for your day-to-day banking needs.
Features of Lite Mode
All essential functions
View your account(s)
Transfer funds between your local HSBC accounts
Set up time deposits
Deposit cheques via mobile
Access eStatements and eAdvices
Personalised mobile banking experience
Customise your settings
Explore more products and services
How to switch to Lite Mode
First time HSBC HK App users who are using the large font size setting on their mobile device
Open the HSBC HK App
A message will pop up asking if you're looking for a simpler banking experience.
Tap 'Try Lite Mode now'
You can also choose to stay on Full Mode.
Switch modes anytime in 'Profile' tab
On your home screen, tap on your profile icon at the top right corner.
Under 'Settings and preferences', select 'General'.
Tap on 'App mode', then choose 'Lite Mode' and 'Confirm'.
One touch and you're in
Frequently asked questions
What is Lite Mode?
Is Lite Mode a separate app from HSBC HK App?
What if I need to do things that are not available in Lite Mode?
How can I register for Personal Internet Banking if I have an HSBC HKD account but not an ATM PIN or a phone banking PIN?
- For iPhone/ iPad from the App Store, download the app from the App Store.For Android download the app from Google Play (pre-installed on your phone) or the HSBC website.
- Update your device's operating system diligently and make sure you always have the latest version of our app.
- Set up auto-lock and create a passcode to protect your device.
- Do not leave your device unattended and always log off completely when you are finished banking.
- Do a factory reset to wipe the data on your old device before you donate or resell it.
- If you lose your device, please let us know immediately.
- When using Wi-Fi, only use trusted Wi-Fi networks and enable security protection.
Please visit hsbc.com.hk/help/online-and-banking-security/ for more security tips.