Enjoy HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Special Rewards Now!
- Enjoy HK$200 Venchi chocolate coupon after making appointment and successfully meeting HSBC HK staff in Hong Kong!
- Enjoy HKD100 rewards by opening HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Northbound remittance account!
Terms and conditions apply. Learn more.
HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Special Rewards
Enjoy the following offers when you open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect account and complete designated banking transactions:
- Remittance offerRebate of up to HKD300/RMB240 for HSBC GBA Wealth Connect Designated RMB Savings Account customers who complete remittances of RMB500,000 or above via mobile or online banking to our Mainland partner bank(s) in relation to HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Services
- New fund offerRebate of up to HKD4,000 for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect customers who successfully register for Personal Internet Banking and fund in the designated amount
- 0% Unit Trusts initial subscription charge offerGBA Wealth Management Connect customers will be entitled to a 0% Unit Trust initial subscription charge for all Unit Trust transactions within the scope of HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Southbound Services
- HSBC Premier account Fee Waiver offerHSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Northbound / Southbound customers who open HSBC Premier account with HSBC HK for the first time will be entitled to HSBC Premier account Below Balance Fee Waiver for the first 12 months
- Bond offerRebate of HKD1,250 for every subscription amount of HKD500,000 or equivalent in other currencies for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect customers who successfully subscribe to any bond under HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Southbound Services
- Foreign exchange and time deposit offerUp to 13% p.a. interest rate for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect (Southbound) customers who successfully make an eligible currency exchange to a designated currency and place the specified amount of exchanged fund for a 1-week/1-month time deposit in the bank right after conducting currency exchange
Investment involves risk. T&Cs apply.
Please read the leaflet to learn more.
Your ticket to a world of opportunities in the Greater Bay Area
Scan the QR code to go to the HSBC HK WeChat account where you can find the latest GBA insights. Please note, by scanning the QR code, you will be directed to a third-party platform where information is available in simplified Chinese only.
What is HSBC GBA Wealth Connect?
HSBC GBA Wealth Connect enables eligible residents in GBA cities2 across mainland China and Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by us and the mainland China cooperating banks via a closed-loop fund flow channel3.
Through HSBC GBA Wealth Connect:
Understand Cross-boundary Wealth Management Connect in 3 min
Effortlessly manage your cross-border transactions with HSBC GBA Wealth Connect.
Take your investments to the next level with these features:
Connecting you to a wealth of investment opportunities
Our Northbound services allow eligible residents in Hong Kong to invest in wealth management products distributed by the mainland China cooperating banks via designated channels. Cross-border fund remittances and transfers will be handled by HSBC Hong Kong.
Our Southbound services allow eligible residents in GBA cities in mainland China to invest in over 80 wealth management products distributed by HSBC Hong Kong via designated channels. Cross-boundary funds remittances and transfers will be handled by the mainland China cooperating bank.
Southbound services eligible products6:
- Unit Trusts: Over 45 Unit Trust products, supporting multiple currencies and covering fund types ranging from balanced funds to bond funds and money market funds
- Bonds: Over 20 bonds, covering both corporate bonds and government bonds
- Deposits: 11 currencies, including HKD, USD, RMB, AUD, CAD, CHF, EUR, JPY, GBP, NZD, and SGD.
How to get started with HSBC GBA Wealth Connect services
You're eligible if you:
- hold a Hong Kong identity card (as a permanent or non-permanent resident)
- invest in your own personal capacity (not in a joint-name or corporate capacity)
- are not a vulnerable customer, as assessed by banks in Hong Kong8
- have no application records for Northbound services provided by other banks
Book an appointment with HSBC HK
if you are currently in Hong Kong
Existing HSBC HK customers only:
- Contact your Relationship Manager
New and existing HSBC HK customers:
- Call the hotline on +852 2233 3399
- Visit an HSBC HK Wealth Management Connect Centre or branch
Note: If you are currently in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China, you may book an appointment through your Relationship Manager, visit a branch or call the mainland China cooperating bank.
- Download the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
- Make sure you have a valid Personal Internet Banking username and password (for existing HSBC HK customers only)
- Prepare documents:
A. Hong Kong ID Card
B. Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macau residents
Visit an HSBC HK branch
- Open a Designated RMB Savings Account
- Apply for Hong Kong Payee Registration
- Set up the HSBC HK Mobile Banking app
- Submit your Northbound Services Application via the mainland China cooperating bank Mobile Banking app (for existing customers of the mainland China cooperating bank only*)
*If you already hold a RMB Settlement Account Type I in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China, you can apply for Northbound services with the mainland China cooperating bank online.
Visit a branch with the mainland China cooperating bank in any of the 9 GBA cities in mainland China
For new customers of the mainland China cooperating bank only
- Open an HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Account
- Set up the Mobile Banking app with the mainland China cooperating bank (optional)
- Apply for account pairing between your designated RMB Savings Account and HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Account
Register for Northbound services in 4 steps
Register for Southbound services in 4 steps
Greater Bay Area Awards
With our deep roots in Hong Kong, a strong onshore and offshore China franchise and our global network, we're well-positioned to serve as your bridge between markets – both locally and abroad. Indeed, that's why Asiamoney named us as the Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) and Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect at its inaugural GBA Awards in 2023 and 2022. Bloomberg Businessweek Chinese Edition also named us as GBA Bank of the year – Excellence and ESG Sustainability of the year – Excellence in 2023.
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Greater Bay Area (GBA) 2023
Asiamoney Best International Bank for Wealth Management Connect 2022
Bloomberg Businessweek Chinese Edition GBA Bank of the Year - Excellence
Bloomberg Businessweek Chinese Edition GBA ESG Sustainability of the Year – Excellence
Explore other GBA opportunities
- HSBC Bank (China) Company Limited ("HSBC China") and Ping An Bank Co., Ltd ("Ping An Bank") are our cooperating banks in mainland China for HSBC GBA Wealth Management Connect Services. HSBC China and Ping An Bank are not authorised institutions as defined in the Hong Kong Banking Ordinance and are not subject to the supervision of the Hong Kong Monetary Authority. HSBC China and Ping An Bank cannot carry on any banking business or business of taking deposits in Hong Kong. Any deposits maintained with HSBC China and Ping An Bank are not protected under the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- The 9 Greater Bay Area cities within mainland China refer to Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Dongguan, Huizhou, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing.
- Under the HSBC GBA Wealth Connect services, cross-border remittance must be conducted between the paired dedicated investment and remittance accounts maintained with us and the mainland China cooperating bank.
- The usage of individual investor quota subject to a cap of RMB1 million and is calculated as follows:
a. Usage of individual investor quota under the Southbound services = cumulative remittances from mainland China to Hong Kong and Macao under the Southbound services – cumulative remittances from Hong Kong and Macao back to mainland China under the Southbound services
b. Usage of individual investor quota under the Northbound services = cumulative remittances to mainland China under the Northbound services – cumulative remittances from mainland China under the Northbound services
- We will check the usage of the aggregate quota before accepting remittances to ensure that the net remittance under the Northbound services or Southbound services does not exceed the relevant aggregate quota. Instructions for remittances from the mainland China to Hong Kong under the Southbound services or from Hong Kong to mainland China under the Northbound services may be put on hold as a result of the relevant aggregate quota being used up.
- Unless otherwise specified or promotional offer is applicable, eligible product transactions under Southbound services placed using GBA Wealth Connect account are subject to HSBC One fees and charges.
- HSBC imposes HKD0 handling fees on customers who transfer money between mainland China and Hong Kong for investing in products under the HSBC GBA Wealth Connect via online and mobile banking between the paired accounts. The remittance service is subject to intermediary bank charge. For details of remittance fees charged by our mainland China cooperating banks, please visit the public website of HSBC China and Ping An Bank for details.
- Vulnerable customer refers to a customer whose ability to understand the associated risks of his/her investment and withstand the potential losses of the investment is limited. In determining whether a customer is a vulnerable customer, banks will take a holistic view of the circumstances of the customer, including the level of financial sophistication (e.g. investment experience), the state of mind (e.g. ability to make investment decision) and the level of wealth.
- Full civil capacity refers to an individual aged 18 or above who is able to fully account for their own conduct.