An account that combines all the perks
Join HSBC One to enjoy zero-stress banking. We help you plan ahead for spending and savings, provide low barrier investment solutions, offer insurance plans with refundable premiums, and earn miles with everyday spend. With these combined banking perks, you can enjoy zero-stress banking. Earn up to HKD2,200 in rewards1 and win round-trip tickets to Tokyo2 to enjoy zero-fee flying when you open an account via the HSBC HK App!
Banking "0+0" - experience zero-stress banking, enjoy zero-fee flying
Zero-stress account opening and money management
Bank with zero-stress when you have HSBC One. With HSBC HK App, 5 minutes3 is all it takes to open an account and start banking immediately with no below balance fee.
Log on to the HSBC HK App, and look for our AI tool 'Budget'4, you can take control of your finances by tracking your spending automatically, combined with personalised smart insights to help you manage your money easily with zero-stress.
Open an account via mobile with zero-stress and earn up to HKD300 cash rewards5:
- HKD200 cash rewards for new customers5
- HKD100 cash rewards for existing customers5
- Extra HKD100 for aged 18-25 youngsters5
- Transfer-in new fund and get up to 4.1% p.a. HKD Preferential Savings Rate6
Fly with zero-fee, a daily lucky draw to win round-trip flight tickets for two to Tokyo2:
- You'll be entered into the lucky draw automatically for a round-trip tickets for two to Tokyo2 when you open an HSBC One account and investment account successfully via mobile.
Zero-stress investing: no pain just gain7
HSBC provides you simple yet affordable wealth solutions to help you start investing with zero-stress:
- Are you aged 18-25 and looking for low trading costs? Join HSBC Trade258 to enjoy trading in HK, US and China A stock markets with $0 commission fee9 and $0 platform fee for just HKD25 per month (you won't be charged if you don't trade or hold stocks with us), plus free real-time stock quotes.
- Want to diversify investment quickly? Invest with low-cost index funds and ready-made portfolios with FlexInvest for as little as HKD100.
- Don't know how to get started? Contact Wealth Coach to conduct 'Future Planner', you can forecast your future finances and learn how different financial products could help you achieve your financial goals.
Earn up to HKD800 in rewards10,11,12 when you start investing with zero-stress:
- Fly with zero-fee, open an HSBC One account and investment account to enter into our daily lucky draw automatically for a round-trip tickets for two to Tokyo2
- Make your first designated investment of HKD500 and get HKD500 cash rewards10
- Join Wealth Bootcamp and complete Future Planner with Wealth Coach and get up to HKD200 HKTVmall e-coupon11
- New FlexInvest users can get an extra HKD100 PayMe voucher (share with friends and get an additional of up to HKD500 PayMe vouchers)12
Zero-stress protection: safeguard against the unexpected or recover your premiums
Start investing is important, but health is key. Get protected with HSBC insurance to help you better plan for your future. Apply online in just a few simple steps.
With HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan, you can enjoy coverage against 76 critical illnesses including cancer, heart disease and stroke and 4 specified conditions beyond the causes of critical illness13. Plus, recover a guaranteed 101% of your total premiums paid14 if you have not made any claims during the entire policy term.
With HSBC Family Protector, you can enjoy term life protection and your choice of cover from critical illness to hospital cash.
Earn up to $300 RewardCash15 when you apply for an insurance plan:
- Successfully apply for HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan or HSBC Family Protector and get up to $300 RewardCash15
Zero-stress spending: earn your next flight with everyday spend
Maximise your holiday, earn miles with zero-stress at a rate as low as HKD2=1 mile16,17 with HSBC EveryMile Credit Card and enjoy a wide range of complimentary travel benefits.
Apply now to earn up to $800 RewardCash18:
If you are a student looking for tuition fee rebate, the HSBC Visa Gold Card for Students will be perfect for you. Apply now and earn up to $700 RewardCash20,21:
Your zero-stress quick start guide
1. Open an HSBC One account and investment account via mobile
2. Kick start your investment
3. Get covered
4. Apply for cards
- The maximum rewards of HKD2,200 is only applicable to customers who fulfil the requirements of the relevant Promotional Terms and Conditions during promotional period from 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). It comprises the total sum of up to HKD300 cash rewards under the Mobile Account Opening Offer, HKD500 cash rewards under HKD500 Investment Offer, HKD100 PayMe voucher under the HSBC FlexInvest x PayMe Offer, up to HKD200 HKTVmall e-coupon under the First Time Wealth Bootcamp and Future Planner Offer, up to $300 RewardCash under the selected Insurance Offer and up to $800 RewardCash under the HSBC Credit Card Welcome Offer. Terms and conditions apply.
- The promotional period is from 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). The offer is applicable to HSBC new customers/existing standalone account holders who (i) open or convert to HSBC One via HSBC HK App and (ii) open or convert to an HSBC One Investment Services Account; and fulfil the requirements of HSBC One Rewards – Tokyo Round-Trip Flight Ticket for 2 Lucky Draw Offer. Winners are required to pay any applicable taxes or the cost of levy and fuel surcharges when redeeming the flight tickets. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
- Actual time may differ depending on individual circumstances.
- The “Budget” feature will be shown in the HSBC HK App within 2 working days upon account opening.
- The promotional period is from 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). The offer is applicable to HSBC new customers/existing standalone account holders who successfully open/convert to HSBC One via HSBC HK App, complete any combination of 3 designated mobile banking transactions/activities and fulfil the requirements of Mobile Account Opening Offer. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
- The promotional period is from 1 January 2023 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). The offer is applicable to HSBC customers who successfully open an HSBC One account via the HSBC HK App, transfer-in new fund to the designated account and fulfil the conditions of the Hong Kong Dollar Preferential Savings Rate Offer. Eligible customers are entitled to Hong Kong Dollar Preferential Savings Rate of up to 3.5% p.a. on top of the standard HKD savings interest rate. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details. For the latest standard HKD savings interest rate, please visit HSBC website.
- “No pain just gain” means reducing the cost of investment with offers and gaining investment experience.
- To join HSBC Trade25, you must be aged 18 to 25 (inclusive), be the sole or primary account holder of an eligible Investment Account and join through HSBC HK Easy Invest App. Please refer to the relevant Conditions for further details.
- $0 commission applies to the first HKD250,000 cumulative monthly trading volume. A monthly fee of HKD25 will be charged if you have traded or held stocks during the calendar month. Conditions apply. Please refer to this page for further details: www.hsbc.com.hk/trade25.
- The promotional period is from 28 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). This offer is applicable to eligible customers who successfully complete designated investment transactions of a minimum of HKD500 via Online or Mobile Banking (applicable to buy transaction only), either for the first time or have no investment transactions of stock, Stock Monthly Investment Plan, FlexInvest, Unit Trusts or Unit Trust Monthly Investment Plan at the Bank in the past 12 months. Each eligible customer is entitled to receive the HKD500 cash rewards once. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for details.
- The promotional period is from 1 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). This offer is applicable to HSBC One customers who register and attend Wealth Bootcamp for at least 45 minutes, complete Future Planner with HSBC Wealth Coach and fulfil the requirements of First Time Wealth Bootcamp and Future Planner Offer. Each eligible customer is entitled to receive up to HKD200 HKTVmall e-coupon. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for details.
- The promotional period is from 1 November 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). The Offer is applicable to HSBC customers who are also PayMe users with the same name and personal details (“Eligible Customers”). Eligible Customers can receive a maximum of six HKD100 PayMe vouchers if fulfilling the requirements below:
(1) have not previously invested through FlexInvest during 1 January 2022 to 31 October 2022 ,do not hold any funds with FlexInvest, make a subscription order through FlexInvest during promotional period, and fulfil the requirements of HSBC FlexInvest x PayMe Offer is entitled to an HKD100 PayMe voucher;
(2) tell a friend/family member (“Referee”) about FlexInvest and fulfil the requirements of HSBC FlexInvest x PayMe Offer. Eligible Customer is entitled to an HKD100 PayMe voucher for each successful referral with a cap of five HKD100 PayMe vouchers. Referee must also be an Eligible Customer who has not invested through FlexInvest during 1 January 2022 to 31 October 2022 or,does not hold any funds with FlexInvest, and has to make a subscription order through FlexInvest during promotional period.
Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
- The 4 specified conditions include Terminal Illness, Total Permanent Disability, Loss of Independent Existence and Major Medical Treatment. The benefit of Major Medical Treatment is only payable if the Life Insured fulfills all the following three criteria within the same hospitalisation period: (a) Undergone a complex surgery as per the definition in policy provision, and (b) Qualified Intensive Care Unit stay for continuous five days or more, and (c) Receiving invasive life support.
- The total premiums paid refers to the total amount of premiums due and paid for the basic plan as of the policy termination date, subject to the terms of the policy. It is for the calculation of the death benefit and net cash value. It excludes any aggregate premium balance and non-guaranteed interest accumulated under the policy unless and until such part of the premium is actually due and paid on that date.
- The promotional period is from 1 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 (both dates inclusive). This promotion is applicable for customers who opens or converts to an HSBC One account during promotional period and apply for a selected insurance plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited within 6 months of HSBC One Account opening. Subject to the Terms and Conditions, for eligible applications made through the Bank, the amount of RewardCash entitled to the eligible customer will be as follows. The promotional offer is not transferrable.
Annualised New Premium
(Before any applicable discount)
|From HKD5,000 to HKD9,999||$150|
|HKD10,000 or above||$300|
Annualised New Premium
(Before any applicable discount)
|From HKD5,000 to HKD9,999|
Annualised New Premium
(Before any applicable discount)
|HKD10,000 or above|
Terms and Conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for details.
16. Please note that the RewardCash rebate, preferential rate for mile / point conversion, complimentary travel insurance and lounge access are exclusive to HSBC EveryMile Credit Card and subject to terms and conditions. For details, please refer to the terms and conditions for HSBC EveryMile Credit Card Reward Scheme and Travel Privileges.
17. (A) EveryMile Cardholders can enjoy preferential rate when converting RewardCash to miles or points of frequent flyer programmes and hotel loyalty programmes on HSBC Reward+ App. The latest preferential rate of $1 RewardCash to 20 miles/points. (B)EveryMile Cardholders can earn 2.5% RewardCash rebate for Designated Everyday Spend and 1% RewardCash rebate for other local and overseas purchases. Some transactions may not be eligible for the special reward. Please refer to the terms and conditions for more details. Considering (A) and (B), cardholders can enjoy the mile earn rate of HKD2 or HKD5 = 1 mile respectively.
18. The promotional period is from 1 August 2022 to 28 February 2023 (both dates inclusive). Customers who successfully open an HSBC EveryMile Credit Card can enjoy up to $800 RewardCash (or 16,000 miles) when you use your HSBC EveryMile Credit Card to make Eligible Transactions of HKD8,000 or above within the first 60 calendar days after card issuance. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
19. You can enjoy annual fee waiver for the first year as part of the welcome offer. The annual fee (HKD2,000) of your HSBC EveryMile Card will be waived for the following year simply by spending HKD120,000 annually. Bill payments and tax payments settled via HSBC Mobile Banking and/or Internet Banking, cash advance or withdrawal under the Cash Instalment Plan or Cash Credit Plan are not eligible spend to reach the spending requirement for enjoying annual fee waiver.
20. The promotional period is from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 (both dates inclusive). Customers who successfully open an HSBC Visa Gold Card for Students can enjoy $300 RewardCash when you use your HSBC Visa Gold Card for Students to make Eligible Transactions of HKD2,000 or above within the first 60 calendar days after card issuance. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
21.The promotion period is from 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023. The maximum amount of RewardCash to be awarded is $400 RewardCash. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the Promotional Terms and Conditions for further details.
22. The promotional period is from 1 January 2023 till 31 December 2023. Registration is required on or before 31 October 2023. To participate in this promotion, you are required to register. Your first HKD100,000 of Eligible Transactions are entitled for the extra RewardCash. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to https://www.hsbc.com.hk/regryc for details.
Important risk warning
- Unit Trusts, Bonds, structured products (including Equity Linked Investments, Structured Notes, Deposit Plus, Structured Investment Deposits and Capital Protected Investment Deposits) are investment products and some Unit Trusts and structured products may involve derivatives. Together with Certificates of Deposit (CDs), they are NOT equivalent to time deposits. The investment decision is yours but you should not invest unless the intermediary who sells it to you has explained to you that the product is suitable for you having regard to your financial situation, investment experience and investment objectives.
- The price of securities/structured products may move up or down and may become valueless. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling securities/structured products.
- In the worst case scenario, the value of the products may be worth substantially less than the original amount you invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
- Issuer's Risk – Bonds, CDs, structured products are subject to both the actual and perceived measures of credit worthiness of the issuer. There is no assurance of protection against a default by the issuer in respect of the repayment obligations. In the worst case scenario, you might not be able to recover the principal and interest/coupon if the issuer defaults on the Bonds, CDs and structured products.
- Investors should not make investment decisions based on this material alone.
- Investment involves risks. Past performance of products is no guide to future performance. For details of the products, the related fees and charges and risk factors, please refer to the individual product materials and/or offering materials.
- Currency conversion risk – the value of your foreign currency and RMB products/deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB products to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than that exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer loss in
- RMB denominated products are subject to liquidity risk as there may be no regular trading and active secondary market for RMB Income Instruments. The bid and offer spread of the price of RMB Income Instruments may be large, so investors may incur significant trading and realisation costs and may suffer losses accordingly.
- Warrants and CBBCs are non-collateralised products. The price of the Warrants/CBBCs may fall in value as rapidly as it may rise and investors may sustain a total loss of their investment. Prospective investors should ensure that they understand the nature and risks and seek for professional advice where applicable.
- Additional risks are disclosed in the "Risk Disclosure" section. Please refer to "Risk Disclosure" section for details.
Investors should read the terms and conditions contained in the relevant offering documents in particular "Important Risk Warning" and "Risk Disclosure". Content of "Important Risk Warning" and "Risk Disclosure" is updated on a regular basis. For details of individual investment products, please refer to the relevant individual product materials. Structured Investment Deposits, Deposit Plus, Capital Protected Investment Deposits and CDs are not protected deposits and are not protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong. Deposit Plus is NOT principal protected.
All products in Future Planner are generalized for simulation propose only without taking product suitability and personal affordability into account. The results may differ from the actual product behavior, including but not limited to return, risks, premium amount, payment term, cash value, and coverage. We do not represent or warrant that any movements provided in the simulation tool are likely to occure in the future, as past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. There may not be any HSBC product that provide the same outcome as the simulation in this tool. If you would like to understand how the simulation is projected and its assumption and limitation, please contact our staff. Note that we are not recommending or soliciting any investment and insurance products by way of Future Planner. Please note that the simulation provided in Future Planner is indicative and for reference only You should not act on or place any reliance on any information on this page without seeking specific professional advice.
Important: The HSBC HK Reward+ Mobile App ("Reward+") and the content of this material/correspondence are provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ("HSBC HK"). Reward+ is intended for download and use by the public of Hong Kong. It is not intended for download, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such download or use would be contrary to any law or regulation of such jurisdiction or where we are not licensed or authorised to provide Reward+ and/or any of its services, functions or features. The HSBC HK Easy Invest App ("Easy Invest") and the contents of this material/correspondence are provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ("HSBC HK") for the use of existing HSBC HK customers only. You should download Easy Invest only if you are an existing HSBC HK customer. Easy Invest is not intended for download, or use, by any person in any jurisdiction where such download or use would be contrary to any law or regulation of such jurisdiction or where HSBC HK is not licensed or authorised to provide Easy Invest and/or any of the Services.
- In the worst case scenario, the value of the funds may be worth substantially less than the original amount you invested (and in an extreme case could be worth nothing).
- Funds which are invested in certain markets and companies (e.g. emerging, commodity markets and smaller companies etc.) may also involve a higher degree of risk and are usually more sensitive to price movements.
- Credit Risk/Interest Rate Risk – a fund that invests in fixed income securities may fall in value if interest rates change, and is subject to the credit risk that issuers may not make payments on such securities. Price of the fund may have a high volatility due to investment in financial derivative instruments and may involve a greater degree of risk than in the case with conventional securities.
- Counterparty Risk – a fund will be exposed to credit risk on the counterparties with which it trades in relation to financial derivative instrument contracts that are not traded on a recognised exchange. Such instruments are not afforded the same protections as may apply to participants trading financial derivative instruments on organised exchanges, such as the performance guarantee of an exchange clearing house. A fund will be subject to the possibility of insolvency, bankruptcy or default of a counterparty with which a fund trades such instruments, which could result in substantial loss to a fund.
Bonds and Certificates of Deposit ("CDs")
- Bonds/CDs are mainly medium to long term fixed income products, not for short term speculation. You should be prepared to hold your funds in bonds/CD for the full tenor. You could lose part or all of your principal if you choose to sell your bonds/CDs prior to maturity.
- Indicative prices of bonds/CDs are available and the bonds/CDs price do fluctuate when market changes. Factors affecting market price of bonds/CDs include, and are not limited to, fluctuations in Interest Rates, Credit Spreads, and Liquidity Premiums. The fluctuation in yield generally has a greater effect on prices of longer tenor bonds/CDs. There is an inherent risk that losses may be incurred rather than profit made as a result of buying and selling bonds/CDs.
- It is the issuer to pay interest and repay principal of bonds/CDs. If the issuer defaults, the holder of bonds/CDs may not be able to receive back the interest and principal. The holder of bonds/CDs bears the credit risk of the issuer and has no recourse to the Bank unless the Bank is the issuer itself.
- If you wish to sell bonds/CDs, HSBC may repurchase them based on the prevailing market price under normal market circumstances, but the selling price may differ from the original buying price due to changes in market conditions.
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on the bond/CDs to your home currency.
- The secondary market for bonds/CDs may not provide significant liquidity or may trade at prices based on the prevailing market conditions and may not be in line with the expectations of holders of bonds/CDs.
- If bonds/CDs are early redeemed, you may not be able to enjoy the same rates of return when you use the funds to purchase other products.
Deposit Plus (DPS)
- Deposit Plus NOT equivalent to, nor should it be treated as a substitute for, time deposit. It is NOT a protected deposit and is NOT protected by the Deposit Protection Scheme in Hong Kong.
- Derivatives risk – Deposit Plus is embedded with FX option(s). Option transactions involve risks, especially when selling an option. Although the premium received from selling an option is fixed, you may sustain a loss well in excess of such premium amount, and your loss could be substantial.
- Limited potential gain – The maximum potential gain is limited to the interest on the deposit.
- Maximum potential loss – Deposit Plus is not principal protected. You must be prepared to incur loss as a result of depreciation in the value of the currency paid (if the deposit is converted to the linked currency at maturity). Such loss may offset the interest earned on the deposit and may even result in losses in the principal amount of the deposit.
- Not the same as buying the linked currency – Investing in Deposit Plus is not the same as buying the linked currency directly.
- Market risk – The net return of Deposit Plus will depend upon the exchange rate of deposit currency against the linked currency prevailing at the deposit fixing time on the fixing date. Movements in exchange rates can be unpredictable, sudden and drastic, and affected by complex political and economic factors.
- Liquidity risk – Deposit Plus is designed to be held until maturity. You do not have a right to request early termination of this product before maturity. Under special circumstances, the Bank has the right to accept your early redemption request at its sole discretion and on a case by case basis. The Bank will provide an indication of the redemption price upon such request. Your return upon such early redemption will likely be lower than that if the deposit were held until maturity and may be negative.
- Credit risk of the Bank – Deposit Plus is not secured by any collateral. When you invest in this product, you will be relying on the Bank's creditworthiness. If the Bank becomes insolvent or defaults on its obligations under this product, you can only claim as an unsecured creditor of the Bank. In the worst case, you could suffer a total loss of your deposit amount.
- Currency risk – If the deposit currency and/or linked currency is not your home currency, and you choose to convert it back to your home currency upon maturity, you may make a gain or loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Risks relating to RMB – You should note that the value of RMB against other foreign currencies fluctuates and will be affected by, amongst other things, the PRC government's control (for example, the PRC government regulates conversion between RMB and foreign currencies), which may adversely affect your return under this product. In case you receive RMB as Linked Currency at maturity and you choose to convert your maturity proceed to other currencies, you may suffer loss in principal. This product will be denominated (if Deposit Currency being RMB) and settled (when receive RMB at maturity) in RMB deliverable in Hong Kong, which is different from that of RMB deliverable in Mainland China.
Renminbi ("RMB") Products
- There may be exchange rate risks if you choose to convert payments made on RMB related products to your home currency.
- RMB products may suffer significant losses in liquidating the underlying investments if such investments do not have an active secondary market and their prices have large bid/offer spreads.
- In general, RMB equity products are exposed to the usual kind of default risks that might be associated with equity products denominated in other currencies.
- RMB debt instruments are subject to interest rate fluctuations, which may adversely affect the return and performance of the RMB products.
- You could lose part or all of your principal if you choose to sell your RMB products prior to maturity.
- Making available to you any advertisements, marketing or promotional materials is part of our Bank’s ordinary course of securities dealing business. It shall not, by itself, constitute solicitation of the sale or recommendation of any investment products.
- Investment involves risk. Notwithstanding the benefits of offer(s) mentioned herein, you should carefully consider the risks and features of any investment products (including but not limited to equities/exchange traded funds/exchange traded derivatives & structured products) or services mentioned herein to assess whether they are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and relevant circumstances. The price of investment products may move up or down. Losses may be incurred as well as profits made as a result of buying and selling investment products.
China A Shares and Exchange Traded Funds
- Investment in China Connect Eligible Securities through Shanghai-Hong Kong and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect involves risks. You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and relevant circumstances. The price of securities may move up or down. Losses may be incurred and profits may be made as a result of buying and selling securities.
- For further information, you should refer to the risk disclosures and other terms set out in the China Connect/Shanghai-Hong Kong and Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect Terms and Conditions.
- The value of your foreign currency and RMB deposit will be subject to the risk of exchange rate fluctuation. If you choose to convert your foreign currency and RMB deposit to other currencies at an exchange rate that is less favourable than the exchange rate in which you made your original conversion to that foreign currency and RMB, you may suffer loss in principal.
- HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan is a premium refundable critical illness plan underwritten by HSBC Life (International) Limited ('HSBC Life'). It is not equivalent or similar to any kind of bank deposit or bank savings plan. A guaranteed return of 101% Total Premiums Paid will be refunded at the 10th Policy year if no claim has been paid or become payable under the policy during the entire policy term.
- HSBC Family Protector, including the basic plan and the additional benefits of your choice, is a term life insurance plan with no savings element underwritten by HSBC Life. It is not a bank deposit or bank savings plan.
- HSBC Life is incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability, and is one of the HSBC Group's insurance underwriting subsidiaries. HSBC Life is authorised and regulated by the Insurance Authority of the Hong Kong SAR to carry on long-term insurance business in the Hong Kong SAR. HSBC Life will be responsible for providing your insurance coverage and handling claims under your life insurance policy. The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited ("HSBC HK") is registered in accordance with the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41 of the Laws of Hong Kong) as an insurance agency of HSBC Life for the distribution of life insurance products in the Hong Kong SAR. HSBC Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan and HSBC Family Protector are products of HSBC Life but not HSBC HK and they are intended only for sale in the Hong Kong SAR.
- If the policyholder of Swift Guard Critical Illness Plan and HSBC Family Protector discontinues and / or surrenders the insurance plan in the early policy years, the amount of the benefit he / she will get back may be considerably less than the amount of the premium he / she has paid. Your benefit is subject to the credit risk of HSBC Life. Your premiums paid will form part of HSBC Life's assets. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against HSBC Life only.
- In respect of an eligible dispute (as defined in the Terms of Reference for the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre in relation to the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme) arising between HSBC HK and you out of the selling process or processing of the related transaction, HSBC HK is required to enter into a Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme process with you; however, any dispute over the contractual terms of the above insurance product should be resolved between HSBC Life and you directly.
- Please refer to the respective product brochure for detailed features and the policy provisions for the detailed terms and conditions.
The remuneration for sales staff is determined based on the staff's overall performance with reference to a wide range of factors, and is subject to review from time to time, for the purpose of encouraging the building of deep, long-lasting and mutually valuable relationships with customers. It is not determined solely on financial performance.
Making available to you any advertisements, marketing or promotional materials, market information or other information relating to a product or service shall not, by itself, constitute solicitation of the sale or recommendation of any product or service. If you wish to receive solicitation or recommendation from us, please contact us and, where relevant, go through our suitability assessment before transacting.
The information in this document does not constitute a solicitation for making any deposit or investment in any products referred to herein. You should carefully consider whether any investment products or services mentioned herein are appropriate for you in view of your investment experience, objectives, financial resources and circumstances. This material has not been reviewed by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
Currency conversion involves risk. Investment involves risk.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!