- Instant approval3 on HSBC HK App and Reward+
- Combine current credit card statement or unbilled purchase transactions into one instalment plan respectively4
- Minimum instalment amount of HK$1,0004
- Flexible repayment period: 6-60 months for monthly handling fee / 6 or 12 months for one-off handling fee
- 3 steps online application
Example – calculation of monthly repayment amount for the Spending Instalment Plan
Assume repaying a credit card transaction of HKD50,000 by 60 months with a monthly handling fee of 0.18%, daily handling fee is only HKD3.00*
|Monthly instalment principal||Monthly handling fee||Monthly repayment amount|
( = HKD50,000 ÷ 60 )
( = HKD50,000 x 0.18%)
*Assume 30 calendar days per month, daily handling fee is only HKD3.00 (= HKD50,000 x 0.18% ÷ 30). The annualised percentage rate is 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period).This example is based on a customer making full payment of monthly repayment amount.
3 simple steps with instant approval3 on HSBC HK App
How to apply
Apply via the channels below with instant approval3
HSBC HK App
Few simple steps to apply with ease
Download and apply via HSBC HK App and Reward+
Note: The screen displays and the images of the website are for reference and illustration purposes only.
Product resources and services
Credit cards let you shop, have fun and enjoy a more convenient life. But they can do more than that if you know how to use them wisely. Here's how to use your credit card to manage your budget.
Cash Instalment Plan
Extra cash and financial flexibility to realise your personal goals. Convert your available credit limit into instant cash or transfer the outstanding balance from other credit cards to your HSBC credit card account.
HSBC credit cards
Enjoy exclusive rewards and privileges when you shop, eat and travel with an HSBC credit card.
To borrow or not to borrow? Borrow only if you can repay!
- For example, if you are applying for an instalment amount of HK$3,000 with 6 months repayment period, the 1st repayment including handling fee is HK$550 (HK$500 + One-off handling fee of HK$50), and the monthly repayment amount for remaining repayment periods is HK$500, i.e. no extra handling fee in the thereafter repayments. The One-off Handling Fee Offer is applicable to HSBC Red Credit Card with Spending Instalment Plan application via HSBC HK App or Reward+ only. The promotional period is from 1 February 2022 to 31 December 2022, both dates inclusive. One-off handling fee of HK$50 is only applicable to instalment amount of HK$1,000 – HK$5,000. Please refer to the ‘Rate table’ on the HSBC HK App or ‘One-off Handling Fee Offer details’ on the Reward+ application page respectively for more details.
- It is applicable for instalment amount of HKD50,000 or above. The highest annualised percentage rate is 3.76% (calculated based on 6 months repayment period); 4.04% (calculated based on 12 months repayment period); 4.13% (calculated based on 18 months repayment period); 4.17% (calculated based on 24 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 30 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 36 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 42 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 48 months repayment period) ; 4.20% (calculated based on 54 months repayment period) ; 4.19% (calculated based on 60 months repayment period). The handling fee and annualised percentage rate differ depending on individual customer eligibility. The handling fee rate offered to a cardholder or additional cardholder under different card accounts or primary card accounts may not be the same. Please call us on 2233 3052 to enquire your handling fee and annualised percentage rate. The annualised percentage rate ("APR") is calculated using method specified in relevant guidelines issued by The Hong Kong Association of Banks, and is rounded up or down to the nearest two decimal places. An APR is a reference rate, which includes all applicable interest rates, fees and charges of the product, expressed as an annualised rate. As an illustration, total repayment amount is HKD51,080 based on HKD50,000 instalment amount and 12 months instalment plan.
- By using HSBC HK App and Reward+, you can submit your Spending Instalment Plan application anytime. Your applications will be processed in real-time by our system during the following periods:
Monday to Friday 09:00 to 20:00
Saturday 09:00 to 17:00
Sunday and public holiday 09:00 to 24:00
- The promotional period is from 9 August 2022 to 14 February 2023, both dates inclusive.The Spending Instalment Plan is only applicable to posted purchase transactions billed on the current statement and unbilled purchase transactions during the promotional period, i.e. previous purchase transactions are not eligible to be settled under the Spending Instalment Plan. Other transactions, including but without limitation, cash advances, instalment plans, Octopus AAVS, all fees and charges, withdrawal amount under the Cash Instalment Plan/Cash Credit Plan, casino transactions, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-Wallets, transaction at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transaction at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks) and wire transfer will not qualify. Cardholder must apply for Spending Instalment Plan at least 3 working days before the payment due date of the relevant purchase.
- Please note that we will bill each monthly Repayment Amount of Spending Instalment Plan to your Card Account on a monthly basis as a purchase transaction and show it on your Card statement. You need to be aware that only 1% of the monthly instalment principal amount plus full monthly handling fee of Spending Instalment Plan will be included in the minimum payment due. If you fail to pay the statement balance of your monthly Card statement in full, or if you only pay the minimum payment due on or before the due date of that statement, we will charge on the outstanding statement balance a finance charge at the interest rate applicable to credit card as specified in the "Tariff Guide".
- Please note that we do not appoint any third parties to refer Spending Instalment Plan applications to us and will not process any application that was referred by a third party under beneficial arrangement. For enquiry, please call our hotline at (852)2233 3000.
- Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, Touch ID and Face ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered or in the process of being registered in the US and other countries / regions.
- App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
- Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Android is a trademark of Google LLC.